Abolish Nuclear Weapons
PUBLIC FORUM ON THE ENTRY INTO FORCE OF THE TREATY TO ABOLISH NUCLEAR WEAPONS (REPUBLIC OF TOGO) 2nd – 6th December 2020
In a bid to get the Republic of Togo to join the world to sign the entry into force of the international treaty to abolish nuclear weapons, the team carried out a project engaging the country's speaker of the parliament, legal adviser to the president, Mr. Salifou, religious leaders, youth non-governmental organizations and the media on the state and importance of the treaty.
The presidency together with the parliament was to fastrack the process and ensure the country joined the track. The project was covered and reported by iciLome, a national broadcasting outlet and was reiterated in their news thereby getting the attention of all stakeholders including the citizens.
- An advocacy visitation to the Legal Adviser to the president
- The Speaker of the Togolese Republic
- A public forum with the stakeholders of the country, including NGOs
- A press briefing with the national radio broadcast, iciLome
CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS
- The Covid 19 restrictions on physical gathering and transit in the country which affected the envisaged number of participants
- ii. The unavailability of the Speaker iof the parliament to attend in person to the team. The team team was however attended to by the secretary to the speaker
- The project elicited the positive feedback and earnest attention of the parliament and presidency to the call for the ratification of the treaty
- A national awareness was achieved as the media house reported the event the same day
USED COMMUNICATIONS OUTPUTS
Facebook and iciLome: The events of the project were shared on the official Facebook page of the organization where her hundreds of followers got updated. iciLome was a national radio body which covered the public forum and reported respectively
We strongly believe there is nothing more beautiful than going out of our way to make life beautiful for others. We have carried out a vast number of life-changing projects to prove our dedication to this cause.